Expanding the world for readers, viewers, and listeners
The photos you've just seen represent a fraction of the places I have traveled. I’ve been editing and writing for magazines, newspapers, and blogs for nearly 20 years, including roles as editor and travel editor of three national Canadian gay magazines. I also do TV and radio appearances as a gay travel expert, a cruise travel expert, and a theatre travel expert.
My first airplane ride happened when I was just four days old. It took me to a potato farm in Idaho, where I grew up. Thank god for Saturday night television which let my young inner traveler dream through The Love Boat
and Fantasy Island.
Amazingly, my parents let me go to Europe with a high school group at age 16, and I’ve been a travel junkie ever since. Beyond that, I’ve made sharing insights, tips, and advice about travel my career.
I am a dual citizen of Canada and the United States, and live in Kona, Hawaii, with my husband, Denni.
- Airbnb Expert
- 800+ destinations
- 36 nations, 47 US states
- 48 airlines (1,000-ish flights)
- 6 cruise lines
- 5-star resorts to camping, done it
- Pampered on luxury cruises and tours in Europe
- Among early solo travelers to China in 1987
- Budget and solo in Asia, India, Middle East
- Expertise on price vs. value
My work has appeared in print and online publications around the world, both mainstream and gay-focused. These include
- The Boston Globe
- Dallas Morning News
- Up! inflight
- South China Morning Post
- and many others
- Travel Editor of Canada’s national gay magazine, Outlooks, 2009-2012.
- “Resident Globetrotter,” Studio 4 morning TV talk show, Vancouver 2007-2012.
- Appeared as a travel specialist on PROUD FM (Toronto), and QMFM (Vancouver).
- Editor of MeetMeOnBoard.com, where gay cruise travelers connect.